Job ID: WNYOELV819
Office Engineering Leader
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Engineering practice in our Buffalo Office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Empower our people: Create a unified, creative environment which engages people and teams to accomplish extraordinary results.
• Ensure that productivity and profitability objectives are met.
• Collaborate and team with the other leaders in all market segments to foster the growth and development of the office, region and the firm as a whole.
• Leadership of the engineering projects internal teams and with the other practice leaders and office leadership including mentoring and training our emerging professionals.
• Lead multi-disciplinary engineering project teams.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering,
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
• P.E. required
• Broad knowledge of engineering building systems and integrated/sustainable design.
• Outstanding organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime.
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.