Job ID: LAEEV819
Senior Electrical Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal Engineer will be responsible for leading the electrical design of healthcare, research, education and commercial projects and will be a key part of design teams. This role will be integral in establishing and building our Electrical Engineering group on the West Coast. You will collaborate with Electrical Engineers in our other offices in Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, Boston, and DC. We have your back while you work to build this team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Perform electrical engineering systems design for building construction. Initiate project designs and help to develop design goals and systems.
• Participate or lead project team and client meetings.
• Assume project engineering responsibilities and adhere to financial and work goals.
• Design lighting, power distribution, and communications systems per applicable codes.
• Prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications. Guide junior staff in execution of drawings. Specify electrical equipment.
• Complete quality control checks of engineering documents.
• Recommend improvements with reference standards and processes to improve quality, coordination, and to streamline production efforts.
• Review and markup of shop drawings and submittals. Respond to RFIs and review of change orders in the preparation of construction documents.
• Conduct job site visits to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
• Attend and participate in construction meetings. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus).
• Minimum of 15 years of related experience and PE required.
• Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
• The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.