Job ID: LASEIV819
Senior Structural Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal Engineer will be responsible for analysis and design of structural systems/components in steel, concrete and masonry. This role will be integral in establishing and building our Structural Engineering group on the West Coast. You will collaborate with Structural Engineers in our other offices in Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, Boston, and DC. We have your back while you work to build this team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Perform complex design calculations and custom detailing.
• Identify life safety code requirements to determine structural loading criteria.
• Select appropriate structural systems for project requirements.
• Work with architectural staff developing exterior wall support details.
• Prepare structural specifications.
• Use Revit to develop BIM models for producing Contract Documents.
• Review shop drawings, respond to RFI’s and perform field observations during CA phase.
• Participate in defining project budget and scope.
• Interface effectively with clients and construction team.
• Oversee, guide, mentor, and provide technical leadership to junior staff.
• Participate in business development and marketing activities.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Structural focus. Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Structural focus preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience with concrete and steel required.
• California SE required, PE preferred.
• Working knowledge of structural engineering software (RAM, RISA), IBC and other national standard codes.
• Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
• The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus).
• OSHPD/DSA experience preferred.
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.