Job ID: IRVJCEIB0819
Junior Construction Estimator
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble estimates and proposals.
- Learn to provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize subcontractor quotes.
- Draft budgets and schedules for projects for review.
- Meet with potential subcontractors.
- Minimum of two years of related construction experience is required.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture is preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use CAD programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work in an office and in the field in a fast paced environment with variable working hours.
- Enjoy various challenges with a multitasked position from sales through to the completion of a building project.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.