Job ID: SFARCHIVPM0819
Architect/ Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager based in our San Francisco office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems. This position will also provide business leadership focused on financial success, alignment in management of resources, and related staff growth and development. We are interested in individuals with collaborative and creative problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills, design oriented, enthusiastic team leader.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal, Project Architect, and Design Principal, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Participate in marketing campaigns, interview teams, prepare proposals and develop fees. Work with clients and Project Team members.
- Assist with the development and negotiation of budgets, schedules, and contracts. Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved, and QA/QC process standards and requirements are implemented.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation.
- Play a lead role in project meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations.
- Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- May assist with the development and implementation of the firm’s business, financial success, alignment and management of office resources, staff growth and development, champion technical quality initiatives, design practice integration (along with Design
- Leaders) and project process leadership.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture. Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Architectural Registration preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of project experience on mid-to-large scale projects.
- Experience in science and higher education projects strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build strong client and team relationships.
- Must have experience leading BIM project production teams, familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project,
- Deltek Vision as well as other data management software.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.