Job ID: TORARCHIVPA819
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Architect based in our Toronto, ON office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Leads project team through all design phases from Conceptual Design through Construction Administration.
- Responsible for ensuring that statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements and are delivered on time, budget, and within scope.
- Continuously checks on project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Comprehension of and compliance with QA/QC standards.
- Coordinate team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
- Participate in marketing campaigns pursuits assisting in the development of marketing proposals and participating in interview teams.
- Act as a mentor to staff.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Architecture
- Master of Architecture preferred
- Architectural Registration is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large-scale projects required. Experience working on Health P3 projects in Ontario strongly desired.
- Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must be proficient in Revit.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.