Job ID: CHITEIV819
Senior Technology Engineer
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal Engineer will will provide leadership within the Technology Services group. This position entails acting as a senior client/project manager, business development leader, and mentor of junior staff.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Establishes and communicates assignment to teams. Oversees team progress and coordinates team activities and goals
• Works with team to integrate projects, communicate and analyze information, and oversees project implementation.
• Coordinates assigned project requirements and schedules with other disciplines. Understands what documentation is needed and manages others in preparation of contract documents.
• Ability to design structured cabling systems, knowledge of systems hardware for specification and design.
• Working knowledge of audio/visual systems, electronic security systems, nurse call, outside plant, data networking, LAN/WAN, voice and data architecture and data centers.
• Understanding of applicable design codes including NFPA, NEC, BICSI and EIA/TIA.
• Understands IT system integration with overall building design, including space planning and technology impacts, and an ability to blend technical solutions with business practices and personnel needs.
• Manage multiple and/or large projects from concept stage through construction in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
• Meet with clients to learn user needs, collaborate with project team, and develop engineering concepts and recommendations.
• Demonstrated success at negotiating and securing new assignment on major projects.
• Ability to travel from coast to coast in order to meet project and client needs.
• Visits job site to assess conflicts and make recommendations for resolution.
• Oversees the identification of staff members’ developmental needs. Review departmental evaluations and selects individuals for further training and/or advancement.
• Motivates and provides ongoing mentorship and constructive feedback to project team. Participates in the provision of ongoing feedback and mentorship across project teams.
• Evaluates and attracts candidates for new positions in department or the overall firm.
• Completes performance reviews. Helps oversee the entire performance review process including dissemination/collection of reviews, and the provision of feedback. Participates in the design of tools/programs for evaluation.
• Checks proposal drafts and provides guidance as needed. Establishes timelines for proposal preparation and clarifies necessary content.
• Understands clients’ developmental needs; capable of establishing and maintaining professional relationships with clients; orchestrates changes in response to changes in clients’ stated needs.
• Builds external relationship through networking, community and industry functions.
• High level of motivation, energy and the ability to be self-directed.
• Business collaboration with other regional leaders.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus).
• Minimum of 15 years of related experience in large and complex healthcare, education, science & technology, or corporate/commercial projects.
• Previous management experience required.
• RCDD required.
• InfoComm CTS or CTS-D a plus.
• Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
• The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.