Job ID: IRVCACI0919
Construction Administration Coordinator
- Assist Architects and Engineers in their construction administration duties by forwarding, monitoring and processing shop drawings, requests for information, change orders and other project documents.
- Manage the flow of construction-related documents, including inputting and recording data in web-based Construction Information System (CIS), for multiple local and regional construction projects.
- Assist the project Construction Administrator in coordination of procedures at the start of each project, including setting up new projects in CIS, entering directories, uploading drawings, etc.
- Interface with Contractors, Construction Managers, Clients and Consultants. Set up job-specific communication protocols based on established standard operating procedures. Create supporting documents using Microsoft Office and CIS.
- Issue and process all documents associated with Change Orders, including, requests, quotes, etc. Monitor contractor response and produce final documents for signature, using Microsoft Office and/or web-based CIS. Verify mathematical accuracy and supporting documents of payment applications and change orders. Enter same into CIS.
- Secure and process closeout documents. Produce weekly/monthly reports for project leadership using web-based CIS.
- Monitor expiration of insurance certificates and bonds. Perform administrative activities such as preparing, copying, and emailing documents.
- Maintain electronic files and comply with Firm Retention Policy for applicable paper and electronic files.
- Qualified candidates must have 3 or more years of relevant construction and/or building mechanical systems administration experience. Associate Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated administrative skills in an office setting required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to work in multi-tasked, deadline driven environment and handle a large volume of electronic documents.
- Aptitude in Procore or similar Construction Information Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, PDF editor (Adobe or Bluebeam) strongly desired.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.