Job ID: CHIPBII919
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant/Project Biller based in our Chicago, IL office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for the billing of projects and collaborating with project managers in the Chicago office for architectural, engineering, consulting and construction design projects domestically and internationally.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Accurate and timely invoicing of clients on a monthly basis.
- Review consultant invoices for accuracy according to contract/budget and timeliness of payments.
- Ensure that invoicing is timely and accurate according to contract.
- Review work in progress and explain large variances.
- Collection correspondence and coordination of invoices.
- Review projects to ensure all billings are being performed.
- Input work plan budget and fee information into database.
- Review project budgets to ensure compliance to work plan.
- Review consultant invoices against project budgets and correctly code to project/account.
- Assist with month-end reporting for regional and consolidated corporate operations publication.
- Assist with year-end audit schedules.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have an Associate degree in Accounting or related field.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience required.
- Baseline knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Must have strong communication skills, exceptional time management and planning skills with the ability to multitask, maintain and prioritize deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills required. Experience with Deltek Vision preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.