Job ID: WNYIDLV919
Interior Design Leader
- Perform in a lead design role in all phases of project design with a focus on strategy, visioning, programming, conceptual design, design development, detailing, documentation, and FF&E.
- Interpret and distill client goals and aspirations into creative conceptual design solutions that are relevant, responsible, and memorable.
- Evolve design solutions iteratively to reflect the evolutionary nature of client and team goals. Guide the execution of design concepts throughout all phases, with emphasis on early phase development.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of client presentation material and other project-related visual collateral. Lead design presentations.
- Capture and communicate key client goals and metrics and how our design solutions add value to our clients’ success. Collaborate with marketing and communications to build strong design narratives for our work.
- Mentor and grow emerging professionals toward future creative leadership. You will assist in nurturing an environment that exemplifies collaboration, experimentation, innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship.
- Champion a stimulating and rewarding environment that sets the tone for design excellence in the office and demonstrates it across the firm.
- Empower staff and delegate effectively; building high-performance teams by encouraging innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provoke critical thinking and critique of our work.
- Champion our firm’s client-driven strategy and purpose statement.
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities with appropriate clients while engaged on project assignments. Identify ways to expand firm’s involvement and help create new opportunities for the client and the firm.
- Lead and collaborate with the team to obtain successful results including the quality of work, business development and top line targets, staff development, and profit goals.
- Exercise decision-making authority related to potential client issues including team performance, solutions, and conflict resolution. Escalate unresolved issues as required.
- Actively participate in the recruiting and interviewing process for the Interiors team in the Buffalo office.
- Must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience working on mid to large scale education, health and/or commercial projects.
- NCIDQ certification or Architectural Registration is required.
- Must possess exceptional design skills, strong technical skills and knowledge of building and life safety codes.
- Excellent communication skills and interest to build and maintain client relationships are essential as well as proven exceptional graphic and compositional skills.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.