Job ID: WNYAAII919
- Type and format letters, memos, transmittals, minutes, presentation materials, reports and other documents using Word and PowerPoint.
- Prepare moderate to complex spreadsheets, database work in Excel and Access.
- Assist in completing expense reports.
- Maintain our firm-wide professional licensing database.
- Compose and edit simple to moderately complex documents.
- Coordinate in-house or off-site meetings and events, including meeting materials, equipment set-up, and ordering and set-up of food and beverages.
- Assist with the coordination of social events sponsored by the firm.
- Perform as CannonDesign Academy Liaison for Buffalo office.
- Provide office new hire orientations as needed.
- Work with the firm’s travel agency to make travel arrangements.
- Assist in providing switchboard relief.
- Screen calls, email, or correspondence as directed
- Maintain records for financial status of projects.
- Communicate effectively with clients on administrative matters.
- Cross train in administrative functions and tasks as directed by supervisor
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma and a minimum of five years of related experience working as an Administrative Support professional required.
- Associate degree is a plus. Experience working in a professional services firm preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy with work is a must.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative and deadline driven environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Procore, Deltek Vision and/or other accounting software preferred.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.