Job ID: DENASWIV919
Architectural Specification Writer
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Specifications Writer based in our Denver,CO office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
- Produce project specific Project Manuals utilizing the CannonDesign standards.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines – phases, milestone deliveries and various project delivery types.
- Coordinating the Project Manual efforts of all disciplines and consultants.
- Manage project specific Keynotes.
- Review in-progress drawings, ensuring complete and coordinated technical specifications and offering modifications and improvements when appropriate.
- Propose continual development and improvement of master specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content, based on project work.
- Maintains awareness of industry reference standards and resources.
- Participate in all process meetings scheduled for assigned projects.
- Assist project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
- Collaborate with peers, via regularly-scheduled firm-wide specifications writers' conference calls, to develop best practices and share knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, within the firm's compliance policies.
- Support Sustainability goals of the firm.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience required.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction techniques is essential.
- Professional licensure, CCS certification and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.