Job ID: SDARCHIVPMCA0919
Project Manager/ Construction Administrator
San Diego, CA
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Design Principal, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, prepare proposals and develop fees.
- Assist with the development and negotiation of budgets, schedules, and contracts.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and QA/QC process standards and requirements are implemented. Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- May assist with the development and implementation of the firm’s business, financial success, alignment and management of office resources, staff growth and development, champion technical quality initiatives, design practice integration (along with Design Leaders) and project process leadership.
- Continuously monitor project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identify, communicate, mitigate and resolve project-related issues.
- Assume lead responsibility for contract deliverables, meeting project requirements, including time, budget and scope.
- Responsible for ensuring all members of the project team are in compliance with project work plans and deadlines. Responsible for following the requirements of the Quality Process.
- Process “Requests for Information.”
- Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
- Contribute to interview teams.
- Administer contracts from startup of construction to closeout as the primary contact between the general contractor, architect, engineer and owner.
- Manage contracts, ensure appropriate payment is made, prepare change orders, respond to and expedite Requests for Information (RFI’s), submittals, and certificates of insurance. Demonstrate thorough understanding of contractual documents, policies and procedures.
- Assist construction manager and general contractor in understanding our firm’s work and in resolving problems involving architectural and engineering matters. Create, update, and maintain drawings, project manuals, various reports and databases. Consult with owner on all issues relating to the project.
- Demonstrate understanding of quality and cost controls that are in the best interest of the owner.
- Review and interpret shop drawings and other construction documents.
- Review and approve applications for payment.
- Coordinate, lead and attend project meetings and other construction related tasks.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s in Architecture. Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program and Architectural Registration preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience required. Related project experience preferred.
- Effective communication, leadership and managerial skills, technical skills, champion creative performance, teamwork, presentation, and organizational skills required.
- Must be proficient in Revit.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.