Job ID: LAARCHIVPAKP0919
Los Angeles, CA
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Architect based in our Los Angeles office. This position can be filled in our Century City or Downtown Los Angeles office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
We are building our team in support of a national building campaign for a leading healthcare client to help them create new prototyped ambulatory care facilities in multiple regions across the United States. This client is seeking to invest over $12B to expand their outpatient facility portfolio with ground up building projects ranging from 50K -150K square feet. The facilities will include primary and specialty care clinics, imaging, lab services, physical therapy, behavioral health and pharmacy services across all regions of the US within their health system, significantly expanding the organization’s ambulatory care outreach for their patients.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal Project Architect will work in partnership with national technical leadership and will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Leads project team from initial stages of pre-design, code, schematics and construction documents.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
- Continuously checks on project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Comprehension of and compliance with QA/QC standards.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
- Advance effective trade partner collaboration, leveraging design assist partners.
- Act as a mentor to staff.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Architectural Registration and familiarity with entitlement requirements required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large-scale health projects required.
- Experience with alternative delivery process and the technical application of pre-engineered, prefabricated solutions.
- Understanding of VDC and interest in investing in maturing meta data in BIM.
- Strong attention to detail, presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency with E Builder, Autodesk BIM 360, Revit and dRrofus.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.