Job ID: LACSRII0919
Construction Safety Representative
Los Angeles, CA
- Ensure compliance with client safety programs and policies, including insurance related programs.
- Conduct subcontractor project onboarding (pre-construction meetings, review site-specific safety plan and job hazard analysis (JHA), review training requirements and orientation).
- Coach project team members on safety leadership & management practices.
- Collect and review pre-task plans, provide feedback for improvement.
- Conduct various daily documented safety reviews.
- Assist/conduct safety orientations for all on-site employees.
- Conduct weekly mass safety meetings.
- Conduct incident investigations as needed.
- Interact with client and trade partner safety representatives.
- Maintain safety documentation.
- Identify safety training needs and provide safety training as appropriate.
- Qualified candidates must have 3+ years of related experience in a Construction Safety Representative role.
- Bachelor degree in Safety Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred.
- Must have Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST) certification, current OSHA 30 and/or 510 certification and current CPR/first aid/AED. Experience in Higher Education and K-12 projects are strongly encouraged and will be considered part of the selection criteria.
- Construction Risk & Insurance Specialist (CRIS) and bilingual English/Spanish is strongly preferred. Must be able to work at different project locations as project assignments change. Must be comfortable handling complex project issues.
- Strong team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency with Procore or other windows-based construction management software strongly preferred.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.