Job ID: CHIMEIV1019
Senior Mechanical Engineer
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Successful candidates will direct the integrated design of HVAC systems for healthcare, research, education and commercial projects from conceptual design through construction, commissioning, and project close out.
• Perform and direct complex design of HVAC Systems including mechanical rooms, controls, ductwork, piping and equipment selection for large scale buildings.
• Ability to work independently in all Mechanical disciplines with no oversight or guidance.
• Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to designers and engineering team.
• May serve in the QAQC process and an independent reviewer
• Interface effectively with clients and members of the design team.
• Prepare construction drawings and specifications for of HVAC systems from schematic through the construction document phases.
• Manage production staff and provide direction to them for preparation of construction documents.
• Select and specify mechanical equipment such as boilers, chillers, and air handling units.
• Design rooms to house these systems and coordinate with other disciplines.
• Review and accept selective shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents.
• Interface effectively with clients and members of the project team and participate in meetings with Owners, Architects, Construction Managers and Contractors.
• Conduct staff development activities including work planning, budget development, scheduling in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Perform independent site inspections.
• Lead or participate in commissioning or retro-commissioning activities.
• Represents company in project activities; directs activities of project team members; represents company in business development and marketing activities.
• Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical systems focus).
• Minimum of 10 years of related experience and PE required.
• Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
• The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
• The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.