Job ID: LASEIV1019
Structural Engineering Manager
Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to help establish and further grow the structural engineering practice for CannonDesign in Southern California. The ideal candidate is a Registered California Structural Engineer (SE) who is ambitious and motivated to take on the challenge of building a structural engineering team that can service our diverse practice areas, including Health Care, Higher Education, K-12, Municipal, Corporate Commercial, among other areas. You will collaborate with Structural Engineers in our offices in Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, and Boston through our “Single-Firm-Multi-Office (SFMO)” design approach, working on projects on the West Coast as well as other parts of the country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Oversee, guide, mentor, and provide technical leadership to junior staff.
• Participate in business development and marketing activities.
• Perform complex design calculations and custom detailing.
• Identify life safety code requirements to determine structural loading criteria.
• Select appropriate structural systems for project requirements.
• Work with architectural staff developing exterior wall support details.
• Prepare structural specifications.
• Use Revit to develop BIM models for producing Contract Documents.
• Comfortable in completing structural design in Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build project delivery method.
• Review shop drawings, respond to RFI’s and perform field observations during CA phase.
• Participate in defining project budget and scope.
• Interface effectively with clients and construction team.
• Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Structural focus preferred.
• 10 years of relevant experience required.
• California SE required
• Working knowledge of structural engineering software (RAM, RISA, ETABS), CBC Title 24, IBC, and other national standard codes.
• Must have strong leadership, communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
• The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
• OSHPD/DSA experience is strongly preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely, as needed.
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.