Job ID: WNYESTII1019
Construction Cost Estimator
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Senior Cost Estimator to write, update and maintain a General Trades (MasterFormat Div #s 1 through 14 and Site 31 & 32) estimate database for building construction costs. This will be a highly detailed construction cost database broken out into materials, equipment and labor, quantities, and pricing.
• Review bid projects to determine accuracy in relationship to newly created construction cost estimating database
• Continually update database based upon comparison to bids and current market trends.
• Under the direction of a Senior Estimator, may work with engineers and architect’s drawings to help prepare information on job costs, to include labor, material, equipment, and specialty items necessary to complete the project.
• Review supplier quotes for completion of estimating scope.
• Utilize knowledge of construction techniques, proper scheduling, purchases and work for the benefit of the projects.
• Collaboratively work with contractors, state, local municipalities, inspectors and clients.
• Interpret plans, and specifications.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualified candidates will have an Associate degree in Construction, Engineering or a related field.
• Minimum 4 years of related estimating experience required.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to think analytically is essential.
• Knowledge of CSI, Divisions 1-14 preferred.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and estimating software required.
• Experience with Sage (Timberline) Estimating, Excel, or other construction cost database management software required.
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any other platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.