Job ID: HOUFAIA1019
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting facility condition assessments for a variety of building types including healthcare, education, sports, municipal and commercial across the continental United States. This is an excellent opportunity to travel. Projects are typically short in duration and range from one to six months. Field deployments are typically 1-2 weeks in duration. The position will perform in the role of data collection, report writing and quality assurance under the supervision of an experienced Project Manager and/or Assessor. There is an unlimited opportunity for growth within the FOS group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Conduct on-site facility condition assessments as part of a multidisciplinary team auditing and evaluating building systems on new and existing buildings.
• Learn and implement a consistent audit procedure for buildings across the country.
• Work effectively and efficiently with clients and other on-site personnel to assess capital assets by maintaining a typical daily audit rate of 150,000 SF/day for large facilities, or roughly 3-6 buildings per day for small facilities.
• Provide technical identification and description of deficiencies ranging from concerns to critical issues.
• In technical terms describe remedial recommendations for future project planning and cost estimating by others in the FOS group.
• Prepare project progress documentation for project manager review.
• Actively participate in post-project reviews.
• Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field required.
• Previous related experience is preferred.
• Must have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment is essential.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam and the aptitude for mobile device tools preferred.
• Prior cost estimating experience is valued but not required.
• Ability to travel up to 50% for out of town assignments required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
• We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
• We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
• We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
• We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any other platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.