Job ID: YAZARCHII1019
Architect/ Yazdani Studio
Los Angeles, CA
The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Los Angeles, CA office. The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory for exploration and experimentation in architecture. Established upon the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio leverages the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice. The studio includes a diverse team of architects, designers, 3-D artists, technical specialists, and creative thinkers entirely committed to pushing the boundaries of design-- from refining concepts of sustainability to the application of radically new technologies and urban initiatives. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you. ABOUT OUR FIRM We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. ABOUT THE ROLE The ideal Architect will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support in the design, selection, coordination, and detail of architectural material.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare and contribute to design and presentation efforts.
- Independently prepare Revit plans, building sections, elevations, details, wall sections, and design drawings within all architectural phases.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Assist in the development and detail of design and concept drawings.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Architecture. Master of Architecture preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required.
- Healthcare and education project experience preferred.
- Revit experience required.
- Strong creative design portfolio and strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.