Job ID: CHIARCHIA1119
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Designer based in our Chicago office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This entry-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team, and will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of project teams. Under the direct supervision of a project leader the primary responsibilities will include the following:
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Contribute to the design process by utilizing various software platforms in addition to REVIT such as, the Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Sketch-up, and Grasshopper.
- Build physical building models.
- Produce architectural documentation.
- Produce graphics materials and images for client presentations.
- Assist in product research.
- Participate in the review of construction phase documentation.
- Attend in-house project team meetings.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program by hire date. Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency with BIM applications specifically REVIT experience required.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.