Job ID: YAZARCHIV1119
Architect/ Yazdani Studio
Los Angeles, CA
The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Los Angeles, CA office. The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory for exploration and experimentation in architecture. Established upon the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio leverages the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice. The studio includes a diverse team of architects, designers, 3-D artists, technical specialists, and creative thinkers entirely committed to pushing the boundaries of design-- from refining concepts of sustainability to the application of radically new technologies and urban initiatives. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Independently contribute design, production, coordination and architectural detailing as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate with other team members in the development of the Building Information Model, using Revit and other parametric applications.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex technical details.
- Supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members.
- Coordinate engineering systems with engineers and consultants.
- Maintain communications with the Owner and Consultants on project status, design intent, concerns and questions.
- Prepare design sketches of moderate to complex site plans.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Take a leadership role within the project team.
- Participate in marketing proposals and interviews for new work.
- Develop sustainability strategies in collaboration with project designers and engineers.
- Participate in quality control procedures of the firm.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals.
- Independently process “Requests for Information.”
- Perform field site inspections. Field site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Coordinate with all other team members on project assignments.
- Take a leadership role in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Master of Architecture from an accredited program is preferred.
- Architectural Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required.
- Strong proficiency with Revit, digital design and fabrication applications is required.
- A strong creative design portfolio is essential, as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you. The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.