Job ID: IRVSPMIV1119
Senior Project Manager/Client Leader
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Plan, organize, and staff projects as necessary, based on the needs of the projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within guidelines of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and architect/engineer contracts to facilitate successful project execution. This includes attending client‐initiated meetings and ceremonial events as well as maintaining contact to ensure their satisfaction with on‐going projects.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of the on‐site staff, to ensure that the project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Develop bidding strategies and contract formats. Review, approve, and execute all project contracts and purchase orders for compliance with corporate policies and objectives.
- Evaluate construction progress and team performance to ensure projects are built in alignment with scope, cost and schedule requirements.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts: review and approve budgets, cost reports, owner’s reports, fee payment, rental equipment, income, expenses, etc.
- Coordinate, manage, and supervise the work of junior support staff. Provide support, direction, and encourage training of team members.
- Represent the company in internal and external project meetings.
- Oversee completion of project closeout.
- Lead project development by providing the necessary liaison between clients, design and construction team members.
- Conduct or assist with buy-out meeting and preparation of subcontracts.
- Review and maintain complete knowledge of the general contract and subcontract documents.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting material deliveries, and the management of material and document submittals and approvals.
- Review and approve requisitions.
- May negotiate, prepare, issue and execute change orders (proposals) to owners, design team, and subcontractors, and prepare revisions to the original budget as a result of changes and revisions to the work.
- Prepare and issue monthly owner progress reports, monthly pay applications, schedules and cost reports in coordination with the superintendent.
- Provide technical assistance to all members of project team.
- Identify potential legal and litigation concerns for projects and review them with organizational leadership.
- Take an active role in the Personal Development Plan process to develop and mentor junior staff toward a successful career with the company.
- Support and implement the company’s TQM program.
- Assist with Business Development efforts by developing and maintaining good relationships with owners, agencies, architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors. Pursue new work opportunities and inform sales and marketing of potential projects with current clients.
- Seek involvement in local organizations that have a community interest and serve to promote the interests of the company.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required.
- Qualified candidates must have 10+ years of construction management experience including a minimum of five years in a project management/supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Licensure/accreditation preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with oversight of estimating, scheduling, budgeting and cost control, field supervision, and financial reporting required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of construction techniques, building materials, codes and standards, safety laws and regulations and project insurance requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Proficiency in MS Project, Revit, Procore.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.