Job ID: PITTESTII1216
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Estimator with project management experience based in our Pittsburgh office. We are an integrated global design & construction firm that unites a dynamic team of construction professionals, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide a consistent cost estimate from the concept to hard bid phase. Additional primary responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with the engineers and architects drawings to prepare a complete list of all job costs including labor, material equipment, and specialty items necessary to complete the project.
- Summarize and analyze information for an advantageous bid approach for the client.
- Establish bid strategies and fully scope projects for bidding.
- Comprehend the effects of project delivery methods on construction costs when involved in estimating tasks and projects.
- Analyze the effects of special market trends when involved in estimating tasks and projects.
- Devise innovative methods for value engineering to bring projects back on budget.
- Review GC/CM [General Contractor/Construction Management] for scoping and pricing accuracy.
- Suggest most cost effective [valued engineered] materials. Work accurately and quickly to meet deadlines for bid submission.
- Collaboratively work with contractors, general contractors, sub-contractors and clients.
- Maintain computerized data base [Timberline] with current pricing, assembly and modeling. Ability and flexibility to provide project management on projects.
Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of related experience in the construction industry. Bachelor's degree in math or engineering fields preferred. Must have the ability to read construction drawings, specifications CSI 2004 [Construction Systems Indexes] General Trades 1-14, ability to integrate Mechanical 21-24, Electrical 26-28 and Site 31-33. Strong analytical, communication, organizational, collaboration and team skills required. Demonstrate understanding of bench marking and cost modeling. Proficient in Excel, and Timberline or similar estimating database program required. REVIT and Inovaya preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.