Job ID: BALTARCHIVPM317
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect performing in the role of a Project Manager based in our Baltimore, MD office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment.
- Participate in negotiating the contract with the other office leadership.
- Facilitate the development and evolution of the work plan, budget, and schedule.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way. As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- Implement the firm’s method, using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and enforce application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
Bachelor in Architecture required. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration, LEED accreditation preferred. 10+ years of experience on mid-to-large scale projects required. Experience with Healthcare projects preferred. Qualified candidates will have experience leading BIM project production teams, have general familiarity with Revit, and will be proficient in MS Excel and other data management software. Strong communication, presentation, coordination, and organizational skills are essential as well as the ability to build rapport with clients and project teams. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.