Job ID: STLPEINTRN0417
Plumbing Engineering Student Intern
St. Louis, MO
CannonDesign has an exciting temporary opportunity for a Plumbing Engineering Student Intern based in our St. Louis office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This internship will provide students with an opportunity to be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology. Under the supervision of a senior engineer the primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Plumbing design of piping and equipment selection for plumbing, pressurized gasses and fire protection systems for building design.
- Preparation of documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation.
- Assist in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
- May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
Qualified candidates must be working toward a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Bachelor or Master degree in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems focus). Coursework in building systems engineering. Experience in computer applications for engineering design programs (i.e. Revit MEP, Trane Trace. eQuest) preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.