Job ID: BOSEEII0517
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer based in our Boston office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical design projects and an integral part of design teams within CannonDesign. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Design low voltage power distribution, lighting, communications, and telecommunication systems for healthcare, education/higher education and commercial clients, including fire alarm systems and circuiting.
- Analyze engineering documents, layout systems to components and parts.
- Read, interpret and prepare construction documents including drawings and specs.
- Apply electrical code knowledge, application for building power distribution design, circuiting.
- Process and review shop drawings and RFIs.
- Participate or conduct value engineering with Architectural/Engineering team.
- Conduct site visits during construction phase.
Qualified candidates must have a BS in Electrical Engineering or Bachelors in Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus). Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple projects. Revit project experience mandatory.
Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.