Job ID: BALTCSIV517
CannonDesign has an exceptional temporary opportunity for an experienced Construction Superintendent for approximately 20 months based in Baltimore, MD. We are an integrated global design and construction firm that unites a dynamic team of construction professionals, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will act as the primary liaison with owner/architects/engineers for the day-to-day construction activities of large health, education and/or commercial construction projects from the office and/or field setting. Additional key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Lead, supervise and develop all CannonDesign field staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Develop and manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with CannonDesign standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and make decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote a coordinated project operation.
- Resolve local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and CannonDesign trade staff.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project.
- Act as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Manage the General Conditions and General Requirements for the project to maintain budget.
- Manage and assist the Project Manager with the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred. Must have a minimum of 10 years of work experience as a Construction Superintendent leading teams of construction professionals on construction projects for health, education and/or commercial clients. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods. Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures Ability to develop and establish scopes of work and project schedules. Knowledge of Primavera scheduling and construction industry BIM tools and methodology desirable. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Demonstrated leadership skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.