CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Washington, DC area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will perform in the role of education planner and be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing support in the planning, design, coordination, and detailing of architectural projects. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare and contribute to educational planning and design presentations.
- Recommend forward-thinking educational design concepts to design team and clients.
- Ensure team communications and appropriate dissemination of information related to planning activities.
- Analyze and graphically summarize data in support of planning and programming studies.
- Will organize, analyze and present programmatic data through graphic form, translate data into physical space planning concepts, visualize in diagrams, floor plans, and other forms of representation as appropriate.
- Attend and actively participate in project team and client meetings.
- Be knowledgeable regarding evolving educational concepts that enhance in and out of classroom learning and the student experience in regard to design.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Dual degree in Architecture and Urban Design preferred. Architectural Registration preferred. Minimum of 4 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. College and University planning, programming, and project experience preferred. Be knowledgeable regarding evolving educational concepts that enhance in and out of classroom learning and the student experience in regard to design. Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and Revit experience required. Candidates will have strong familiarity with GIS, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, as well an understanding of parametric modeling. Strong creative design portfolio, strong communication, teamwork, presentation skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects and conduct utilization studies required. Ability to work independently with minimal guidance is essential. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.