Job ID: WNYHRIII617
Human Resources Generalist
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist based in our Grand Island, NY office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be a member of our firm wide Human Resources team and will have the ability to team with our highly experienced HR staff and participate in our mentoring program. Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare staff transfers, promotions, role/job descriptions and compensation changes.
- Conduct and document HR research, monitor evolving employment laws.
- Manage projects related to compliance, performance management, employee relations and employee engagement.
- Draft recommendations for policy and practice updates.
- Prepare presentation materials on HR topics.
- Recognize and assist with independent contractor and FLSA issues.
- Participate in acquisition integrations.
- Assist with international HR activities.
- Lead benefits projects such as new vendor searches and open enrollment initiatives.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree. Human Resources major or concentration preferred. Professional certification is also preferred. Must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience. Experience working for a professional services firm preferred. Knowledge of employment laws required. Exceptional writing, computer, organizational and follow up skills and a strong customer service focus are essential. Must be able to manage multiple priorities efficiently, organize and present information effectively and accurately. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality required. Strong time management skills and excellent judgment needed. Professionalism, tact, flexibility, and diplomacy are essential. Strong Microsoft Office skills required. Must be flexible, collaborative, and able to work with a highly educated, diverse, creative, articulate, professional services population. Click on apply now to upload your resume and cover letter.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.