Job ID: BOSPFPV0617
Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer
- Preparing documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for Plumbing/Fire Protection systems and equipment.
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Engineering Principal, to develop project and client goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, give input on proposals and development of fees.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Participation in industry-wide and professional organizations relating to your registration.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.
- Overseeing the design of plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
- Leading the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Assuming responsibility for field inspection of projects under construction.
- Recommending ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus). PE required Minimum 15+ years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. Proficiency with BIM applications and REVIT experience desired. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects. The successful candidate must have experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.