CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Leader based in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for advancing the firm, through business development, marketing, and public relations. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work closely with office and firm leadership in both the development and implementation of strategic business development plans to position the firm with target clients. Assist in the identification of client leads based upon value propositions and strategic initiatives.
- Identifying and targeting new client for acquisition, building relationships and acquiring new work in targeted markets. Represent the firm at designated professional conferences and industry events.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to develop a strategic marketing business plan for the Buffalo office. Meet with the leaders on a regular basis to ensure that the marketing plan is being implemented. Monitor business development activities and lead the tracking and reporting metrics.
- Participate in the development of new business presentations, providing strategic client information gathered during research and market analysis.
- Assist in research and intelligence gathering for potential client opportunities in an effort to better position the firm to secure the commissions.
- Work collaboratively with other business development professionals throughout the firm regarding firm-wide marketing and business development activities.
- Collaborate with marketing team members in the writing, design, and implementation of marketing materials.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Marketing, Communications, Architecture, Engineering, or a related field. MBA preferred. A minimum of 10 years of related work experience with a proven track record in business development required. Experience with marketing and sales in a professional services environment strongly desired, A/E/C industry experience preferred. Proficiency with InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite are recommended but not required. Familiarity with Deltek CRM and/or Vision and Salesforce preferred. Ability to travel domestically and internationally required. Must be collaborative, self-driven and entrepreneurial with the ability to maintain and prioritize deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an enthusiasm for innovation are a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.