Job ID: NYCIDIB817
New York, NY
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer based in our New York City office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
We are seeking an innovative, hard-working individual interested in working at the forefront of interior design and workplace strategy. The ideal candidate will bring creative energy to our client-focused teams and share responsibility for the programming, conceptualization, development and integration of our strategic design solutions. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in all project phases including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Assist in the design development and documentation of interior spaces to include drawings of floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, pattern plans, elevations, details, room finishes.
- Conduct research as directed for product and finish selections; assist in the development of finish plans and specifications.
- Provide assistance to the team in the selection or consideration and choice of building materials such as flooring, wall finish, ceilings, furnishings and other interior materials.
- Produce drawings and perform support functions as directed in conformance with project time, cost and quality constraints.
- Assist in preparing renderings and other presentation materials.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design. Master in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design preferred. A minimum of 2 years of related experience required. Previous experience with healthcare and/or education projects preferred. Demonstrated success in design, planning, three dimensional modeling, graphic presentation, finish and documentation is essential. Must be well versed in advanced computer graphics (Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, InDesign, 3dViz). Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity.
We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.