CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Construction Administration Coordinator in our Washington, DC area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goalto help solve our clients and societys greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will provide construction administration support on projects in collaboration with project leadership. Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist the Construction Administrator in coordination of procedures at the start of each project.
- Create project submittal ID sheet, RFI form and set up specific job files/books.
- Set new projects in Primavera and enter all pertinent information.
- Log Change Order requests (COR) and route for review to project leadership.
- Log payment applications into Primavera.
- Inform Construction Administrator of problems with payment application, calls contractor with any problems with payments or additional information; waivers, payroll.
- Verify accuracy of Change Orders and may issue Change orders.
- Issue Change Proposal Requests (CPR), Architectural Supplemental Instructions (ASI), Notice of Non-Conformance (NNC) and maintain these files. Ensure correct sketches are used.
- Ensure all closeout items are received before final payment is made to Construction Manager/Contractor. Produce weekly/monthly reports for project leadership.
- Maintain owner/contractor agreements and insurance certificate and bonds.
- Receive, log and route all submittals and RFIs, maintain logs and produce status reports.
- Verify accuracy on payment applications, status on change orders being billed and log payment applications into Primavera.
- Inform the Construction Administrator of problems with payment applications and contact contractor/CM to make changes or provide additional information such as waivers/certified payroll. Act as a liaison between CM/Contractor and Cannon Design.
- Generate and maintain computer record of the architects historical files for marketing and estimating purposes.
- Perform administrative duties including back up to reception and other responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must have 4 years of relevant experience. Associate Degree preferred. Demonstrated administrative skills in an office setting required. Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential. Must be able to work in multitasked, deadline driven environment and handle large volume of documents. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Aptitude in Primavera Contract Manager, e-Builder, Bluebeam PDF Revu or Adobe equivalent strongly desired. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.