Job ID: WNYTEIV917
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Technology Engineer based in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will work as a Technology Engineer for telecommunications, infrastructure, audio-video, and security systems. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technology design leadership to execute successful design, integration, training, and closeout of projects.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, delivering upon expectations in line with project scope of work and position the firm for future opportunities.
- Provide full project delivery services including narrative design briefs / programs; studies; sketches; decision matrices; CSI Specifications; and Construction Administration work.
- Lead technology design within unified collaboration projects with focus on space and system design for utilization optimization, scheduling and automation.
- Support the design of IT and communication systems including: structured cabling, wired and wireless voice and data networks, access control, intercom, public address, control systems and general applications of technology to the built environment.
- Work within the business practices and performance expectations of the firm.
- Participate as Owners Representative for technology systems when required, performing schedule, budget management, and project communication for client.
- Develop technical systems order of magnitude cost estimates and proposed equipment lists, including technical documentation overview.
- Participate in discussions and vendor meetings to research new technologies and programs. Develop and review Revit drawings in compliance with BIM Standards.
- Regular travel for meetings, site observation and systems commissioning
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree in a related field. Bachelor degree in related field preferred. Minimum of 10 years of related work experience required. Familiarity with current technology systems required. RCDD, InfoComm CTS and CTS-D preferred. Strong organizational skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Familiarity with IT systems, architecture and terminologies preferred. Proficiency with Revit preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.