Job ID: BOSARCHV0917
The senior level Project Manager/Client Leader will be responsible for leading and engaging with Higher Education Science & Technology clients and teams to deliver services that creatively solve problems. This position will also provide business leadership focused on financial success, alignment in management of resources, and related staff growth and development. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Design Principal, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, prepare proposals and develop fees. Work with clients and Project Principals to develop and negotiate budgets, schedules, and contracts.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and enforce application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way. As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the firms business, financial success, alignment and management of office resources, staff growth and development, champion technical quality initiatives, design practice integration (along with Design Leaders) and project process leadership.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.
Bachelor in Architecture required. Architectural registration and LEED accreditation required. Minimum of 20 years of project experience on mid-to-large scale Higher Education Science & Technology projects required. Proven leadership skills with the ability to build strong client and team relationships. Must have experience leading BIM project production teams, familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.