CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Baltimore, MD office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration. Key responsibilities include:
- Leads project team from initial stages of pre-design, code, schematics and construction documents.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Serves as prime point of contact between client and the firm.
- Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
- Continuously checks on project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Comprehension of and compliance with QA/QC standards.
- Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
- Participate in marketing campaigns assisting in the development of marketing proposals and participating in interview teams.
- Work with clients and Project Principals to determine fee, develop and negotiate budgets, schedules, and contracts.
- Act as a mentor to staff.
Bachelor in Architecture required. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration preferred. A minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential. Must be highly proficient in Revit. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.