CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer based in our Boston office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical design of projects and will be an integral part of design teams. Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform electrical engineering systems design for building construction. Initiate project designs and help to develop design goals and systems.
- Participate or lead project team and client meetings.
- Assume project engineering responsibilities and adhere to financial and work goals.
- Design lighting, power distribution, and communications systems for healthcare, education/higher education and commercial clients per applicable codes.
- Prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications. Guide junior staff in execution of drawings. Specify electrical equipment.
- Complete quality control checks of engineering documents.
- Recommend improvements with reference standards and processes to improve quality, coordination, and to streamline production efforts.
- Review and markup of shop drawings and submittals. Respond to RFIs and review of change orders in the preparation of construction documents.
- Conduct job site visits to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
- Attend and participate in construction meetings. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus). Minimum of 10 years of related experience and PE required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple projects. Proficiency in Revit, AGI, SKM, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.