CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer/Project Manager in our New York City office for workplace designers and teams seeking to shape the future of work. Across the country and across the world, our team has designed award winning and data-proven solutions that help organizations achieve their goals. We embrace new ideas, we welcome creative passion and we do all we can to empower our people.
The successful candidate will perform in a project management role on corporate/commercial interiors projects and will be responsible to lead and engage with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems. Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment.
- Participate in negotiating the contract with the team leadership.
- Facilitate the development and evolution of the work plan, budget, and schedule.
- Partner with client early in an engagement to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Implement CannonDesign Method, using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Align team process and deliverables with the delivery method.
- Monitor, report, and manage team business performance, projections, and ensure we are paid on time.
- Capture and document key decisions and records.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design. Master degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design preferred. Professional registration preferred. Minimum 10+ years of Corporate/Commercial Interiors project experience on mid-to-large scale projects required. Experience managing high-quality interiors projects of varied scale and complexity required. Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential. Must have experience leading BIM project production teams, familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in MS Excel as well as other data management software. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.