Job ID: STLSEIII0118
St. Louis, MO
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer based in our St. Louis office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis and design of structural systems/components in steel, concrete and masonry. Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform complex design calculations and custom detailing.
- Identify life safety code requirements to determine structural loading criteria.
- Select appropriate structural systems for project requirements.
- Work with architectural staff developing exterior wall support details.
- Prepare structural specifications.
- Use Autodesk Revit to develop BIM models for producing Contract Documents.
- Review shop drawings, respond to RFIs and perform field observations during CA phase.
- Participate in defining project budget and scope.
- Interface effectively with clients and construction team.
- Oversee, guide, mentor, and provide technical leadership to junior staff.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
- Perform site observations.
Qualified candidates must have a BS and MSCE. PE license and Minimum 7 years of experience with concrete and steel required. Working knowledge of structural engineering software (RAM, RISA), IBC and other national standard codes, Revit proficiency, and good written/oral communications skills a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.